Wednesday, May 18, 2011
8 Wedding Hairstyles Ideas
If ever there was time to make the most of your hair, it is for your wedding. Your bridal hairstyle can look like a million with imagination and the skills of a good hairdresser. Wedding hairstyles range from a more coiffed version of your everyday hair to an elaborate and dramatic style.
Perfect wedding hairstyles flatter your face, your wedding gown, and your veil. They suit your personality while accentuating your best features and minimizing your weak ones. Here are some suggestions for different kinds of hair.
- Hair swept back or up shows more of your face and profile. This style can be especially nice for formal or evening weddings.
- A wedding up-do will accentuate your neck. This look can range from a simple French twist to a stylish mass of ringlets.
- Hair worn down or loose has a more casual look, perfect for daytime, outdoor, and informal weddings.
- Long hair can be worn back, loose, braided, or entwined with beading or fabric that matches your gown.
- Medium-length hair is nearly as versatile as long. It can be curled, straightened, tucked behind your ears, or brushed loosely down.
- Even brides with short hair can have a long, thick wedding day hairstyle. Clip on hairpieces and extensions are available in a variety of colors and styles.
- Short hair can be versatile, from sleek styles to curly. Tiaras, decorative bobby pins, combs, and hair clips all look stunning worn in short hair.
- Bangs can be worn several ways: soft, fringy, angled, or textured. If you’ve never had bangs, experiment with them well in advance. If you’ve always had them, this is not the time to sweep them aside and bare your forehead.
Current styles are important, but should be secondary to what is right for you. Something may be "in" but all wrong for you or your dress. Whatever style you choose, have practice sessions in the week before your ceremony. Do this and your wedding day will most certainly be a fabulous hair day.
Bobette Kyle-Wagner is publisher at www.MyOnlineWeddingHelp.com, a Website helping engaged couples get the most use from Internet wedding resources. The site includes online wedding tips, original articles, and tutorials. Read more about wedding hairstyles and beauty at www.MyOnlineWeddingHelp.com/beauty
Submitted by Bobette Kyle-Wagner, www.myonlineweddinghelp.com