The key is you do not want your centerpieces to look cheap but you are limited on the amount of money you can spend. I could not tell you how many cheap looking silk centerpieces that I have seen in these 15 years of Wedding Planning. Here are some great ideas for any budget even if you do not have a tight budget these centerpieces are spectacular and very easy and fun to make.
These elegant centerpieces are sure to please.
1. Go to your craft store and purchase tall and large vases. These clear vases are priced around 8-10 dollars. They should at least be 2 feet tall and up the taller the better for a more dramatic look find 4 feet vases.
2. You want to fill the vases, here are some examples that you can choose from that would look great; glass stones any color to match your theme or use clear stones, clear stones look nice because it captures different colors from the lights, marbles, silk pedals, rocks any color or choose natural for the ECO look, coffee beans, fruit; lemons, limes, oranges, apples, clear water or you can use food coloring in the water to match your theme.
3. Search the craft store for the isle that has the plastic silk flower bowls these bowls vary in prices you can get one for $2.00. Purchase a large bowl and you will glue that bowl onto the top of your filled vase. I suggest you use a strong glue that will adhere glass to plastic.
4. Purchase a foam floral arrangement ball or flat form to fit your bowl, cut to size.
5. Begin to build the floral arrangement. Use dripping flowers for edges at least hanging 12-40 inches outside bowl and secure glass crystal shape string of beads with floral pins into the foam do not crowed the bowl just use corners for dripping flowers and glass crystal strings between alternating. Then you can begin to cut stems to fill in bowl with silk flowers.
For the table, purchase a pack of square tile mirrors, they usually come in packs of 8. Set one on each table and place your tall centerpiece vase on top. On the four corners of the mirror tile place coordinating votive candles.
Finishing touch, depending on your budget you can use real rose pedals or thin rubber or silk pedals of any flower to sprinkle along with a metallic confetti on the table, some craft shops have confetti letters, you can use that blended with the pedals it makes for a nice conversation amongst your guests.
Using this same idea for your centerpieces you can create the vases and have your florist sit their already made arrangements that you chose with your florist on top of your pedestals for a more dramatic affect on any table.
Note: Some florists have vase stands for rent. It is much cheaper to make them yourself. They can be as high as 900.00 each to rent or 200.00 low balling it. If you create these pedestals yourself you are saving a lot off money and getting the same results.
I rate this DYI project as easy. Fun for you and your wedding party to create.
I hope this has inspired you to create your own spectacular centerpieces easy and elegant.
Submitted by Carolyn Fairley, CWEP, www.premierweddingplanning.net